Friday, December 17, 2010

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: 3rd Disscusion

Yes! Finally our last group discussion!! I think that our last discussion was the best we ever had. It was the end of the book so we all knew what happened and there were no new surprises that could be exposed.
The book was okay. If I were to rate it on a scale from one to ten(ten being the highest) I would have to say I would give it a six. Don't get me wrong this book was good, but I had trouble grasping the main point many times in the book.
What was difficult about the book was the plot. It seemed as if the story was going to present to past and the other way around. It is a VERY hard book to keep up with. The big idea behind the whole book has to do a lot with business and big corporate companies(which I am not found of) I don't like business or anything complex like that. So it was hard to enjoy reading my book when I had to be able to understand company issues as well.
 But wait........This book was also very interesting! Even though the may seem confused at parts between the book, while you start to read and get to where the plot starts to take more action you get clues along the way. I also like that the characters and setting took some place in Germany. I don't know, I think the names were cool and sounded cool.
What we mostly discussed was the purpose of the book and clarifying questions.After we finished the book we had comments to make on why events happened and what the author was trying to portray about it to go with the story. A Lot of questions came up. Many were just to clarify is something was true in a story or what someone missed reading.
 A question that really guided our discussion was
What do the facts on women of Sweden or Germany( I forgot which) and the big bolded words after every few chapters have to do with the story's idea?
I commented by saying that the story had some violence and the story revoled arounf busniss. It was a connection between the both.
Over all, the whole group discussion thing was awsome and I liked reading this book. You should read it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment