Friday, September 17, 2010

Breaking Bad Habits

         Coming to ASTI, it is a difficult and exciting transition from Middle school to high school. It is exciting to meet new people and go to school in a college campus. The work I have done so far can was a bit difficult, but I am getting used to it. The problem is that many of the bad habits I had in middle school are the ones that I have had trouble in this period of being in high school.
 I found this quote from Karisa's blog that summarizes what I mostly did in middle school with my bad habits.
''I also didn't have the best study habits. Very often I would procrastinate with finishing assignments or studying for test and unfortunately, all I was doing was hurting myself.''
         Middle school (now that I think of it) was really just a breeze. I barley studied for test, and saw no point in doing homework that was extremely easy.I thought that school was so easy that I never really put effort into my work.
        What these bad habits do is that they make you lazy and procrastinate. I am not saying I was the smartest person in school, but a lot of students thought that school was really easy and saw no point in doing work. Of course, I did complete most of my work, but I sometimes did my math homework in class without studying, or forgot to finish a history homework sheet and put some random stuff to look like I put time and effort on it.
        That is what I think I really needed to work on my work in middle school, time and effort. With putting time into work I could study and use my time wisely to make sure that I understood the concepts of what we went over in class. With putting effort into my work I make sure I do my best and get the most from my work to help me learn.
Breaking habits can be difficult.but with time and effort it is possible. I think that if I learn to use my wisely and put more effort into my work it will help me become a better student here at ASTI.

No comments:

Post a Comment